Page banner image

Another Muddy Dream

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on July 04, 2021 at 23:03:30

It's the 4th of July, Independence Day here in the States. Where I am we just came out of a heat wave and are now having a cold snap. We were having temps in the 90s but today they were only in the high 50's. Plus it's raining, which we do need badly but kind of kills the holiday activities. The difference in temps feels like being thrown into a pool filled with ice cubes.

After lunch I couldn't keep my eyes open and laid down for a nap and had a really wonderful dream. Remember, it's a dream and dreams don't always make a whole lot of sense, but it was a really fun dream. It started with me driving to some kind of a large box store and it was absolutely pelting down rain. Pulled into the parking area and it was totally flooded and water was nearly waist deep when I got out of the car. I was wearing jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a jean jacket. I had absolutely nothing on my head, which is unusual for me. I remember meeting my childhood friend Glenn there in the parking lot who was dressed similarly to myself and together we waded across the parking lot towards the store in the pouring rain and it seemed like it was miles across that parking lot and we were both drenched in seconds and our hair was plastered to our foreheads and dripping down into our eyes.

I haven't seen Glenn in decades. He was from a very rural town in northern Maine and had a very large extended family. His father was from a family of all boys and his mother was from a family of all girls and the brothers all married the different sisters. Anyway he and his siblings used to come visit his aunt and uncle who had moved to southern Maine for work who lived right next door to us. They had no children of their own, which always struck me as odd because everyone else in the family had tons of kids and they all lived in that same little town. It was always exciting when Glenn and his siblings came to visit. Sometimes they spent the whole summer, but more often it was a few weeks or a month. One summer we went north to visit them. Last time I saw Glenn we were both young adults and I have no idea where he is now or what he looks like. But there he was in my dream slogging along next to me in the parking lot dripping wet.

We were going to look at some piece of machinery that was quite large. It was so big that it wasn't even displayed in the main area of the store and we had to go downstairs into a basement type area where there was a loading dock with huge doors which were open and the rain was pouring down like crazy. The machine was sitting inside on the dock and we looked at it briefly but decided it was not what we wanted. Much more intriguing to us was the huge mud pit that had formed right outside those big doors and other guys were out there playing in that mud. We walked to the edge of the loading dock and jumped in with them.

The mud had a fluffy, light quality to it, almost like chiffon or chocolate mousse. When you held it in your hand it felt extremely , no heaviness to it and it was extremely smooth with no grit or sand in it. And it spread over us and covered our clothes beautifully. It was so light and fluffy that it didn't even make our clothes feel heavy.

We leaped in it, dove into it, rolled around in it and rubbed it into each others hair. It was totally awesome! There was a huge hill of mud in the center of the pit that we climbed up and slid down repeatedly. The only problem was that the rain was dissolving it and it kept getting smaller but we kept sliding until it was gone. The other guys had left and we climbed out of the pit back onto the loading dock and followed their muddy footprints across the floor and up a flight of stairs and came out into a locker type area with showers. It was kind of strange because some of the showers were private, boxed in areas with doors that closed. Then there was an open, common area and showers where on each wall. The private showers were all filled so we used the common area. We had just stepped into the spray of warm water when it suddenly stopped. Groans from everywhere. They had run out of water. No problem I thought to myself. We'll just go outside and clean off in the flooded parking lot. Then I woke up.

Glenn, where ever you are now, thanks for being a part of my dream. It was fun while it lasted. Hope you are well and happy. It was nice seeing you again - even if it wasn't real.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]