Page banner image

Re: driving with a muddy sock and other misadventures

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on May 21, 2020 at 12:10:47

In Reply to: Re: driving with a muddy sock and other misadventures posted by Zonie on May 21, 2020 at 03:19:01:

Something will turn up, probably when you least expect it. When I was told my job at the insurance company where I was working was going to be eliminated and my duties split between three different people I began looking for something else immediately. The company was going through major restructuring and eliminating about 450 jobs. They told me right before Christmas. I was the only person doing that particular job. They told me I had until next October. Many people had been told their positions were safe only to come in one morning and told to go home with no prior warning. I didn't want to wait for the axe to fall on my head so I applied everywhere. In February I got calls for two different jobs on the same day. One was at a hospital full time and the other was a part time job delivering mail at the post office. I wound up taking both, working nights at the hospital and delivering mail in the mornings. Eventually I got my job at the Post Office turned into a full time one and I was able to quit my job at the hospital. So hang in there.

My retirement isn't all that active. I had some big plans for this year, but they have all fizzled due to corona. So back to the lake. Have only been there a few times so far - too cold and Spring has taken its sweet time getting here. Finally getting some warm days now. Like many people I have been doing home repairs/maintenance. Just rented a dumpster and cleaned out my shed and basement. Got two guys working on the shed now putting up new wood siding and reshingling the roof. Then I can paint it. Got three trees to cut down. Also want to repaint inside my house and get new flooring. Real exciting stuff (LOL)!

Good luck in your search and stay muddy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]