Page banner image

Re: favorite scenario

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason D. on September 17, 2020 at 07:50:55

In Reply to: favorite scenario posted by mudman on September 14, 2020 at 16:03:34:

I actually have a funny story about mud that I guess you would say is a favourite scenario.

I'm not really into "mud", particularly myself (don't mind watching other gets muddy, though, but it's still not as good as nice clean water).

I have a cousin - call him "D". He's mildly autistic and takes everything literally. I was over at his family's place one weekend and he and his brothers (K and S) were going out to a "tough mudder" event just outside of town. I was asked if I wanted to tag along - not to participate (you had to pre-register), but to watch and be at the finish line, etc. So I said yes. K and S were wearing old shoes, black shorts, and some sort of sleeveless shirts (don't remember the colour). D, on the other hand, wore his relatively new white running tights, and blue shorts on top, along with a white sleeveless shirt and his brand spanking new Adidas shoes (he literally just got them the day before). His brothers teased him about getting that messy, and he said "whatever".

Anyway, we got to the event and dropped the boys off at registration. They got their numbers, strapped them on, and were on their way. My uncle (their Dad) and I went to a spot near the finish line, and then planned on moving right to the finish line as people started to pass.

Suddenly, we saw D come over after the race started and he looked sullen - he was 14 at the time (K was 18 and S was 11), so I just figured he was being a teenager. But what he said next was classic D - "I didn't realize you had to go through the mud".

His Dad laughed, and said something like "why do you think they call it tough mudder?" His reply was something like "I thought it was Tufmod, you know, T-U-F-M-O-D, and that was someone's name who was the sponsor".

He didn't have a spec of mud on him, except a bit around his shoes.

He ended up sitting with us for about half an hour until someone organizing the event came over and asked if he was ok. D said "yeah", so the lady questioned what happened. He wasn't stupid, so he was very embarrassed after his Dad told him what tough mudder really meant - this made his sullen and embarrassed to answer. I ended up answering for him after his father kept telling him to "spit out what you thought".

She laughed, and said "I think you'd enjoy getting muddy, even if you are wearing new stuff."

She offered him a chance to do the obstacle course at the end and said he had a few minutes to think about it. I told him something like "how many times are you allowed to get muddy in your brand new shoes and clothes and not get screamed at". That did it for him, ha ha. He basically lit up like a Christmas tree when I said that, and dove into the obstacle course - but not without a plan to pretend he was way ahead of his brothers (even though he was technically disqualified).

He ended up getting 100% muddy, and made sure it got all through his shoes, socks, hair, underwear, shorts, everywhere. Then his brothers showed up and they wrestled around a bit in the mud before heading to my favourite part - the wash off. They all washed off, and despite being covered in mud, D's white tights went very transparent. Luckily, he had shorts on top as he had some other things to deal with too that I don't think he expected.

The boys changed (my uncle brought D some clothes anyway, wondering why he didn't bring anything himself...), and D told K and S what happened in the car on the way back home, and they laughed and teased him all the way home.

He's a good kid. In his 20s now, and still as literal as ever, particularly when he's never heard something before... But the Internet is his friend now :).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]