Page banner image

Rekindling The Love

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nathan on January 22, 2021 at 18:17:18

Joining this forum and reading about everyones muddy stories made me want to go out and give it a go again. I left school two years ago and honestly haven't done a lot in the way of getting muddy aside from a couple of feeble attempts during Lockdown #1. I loved it SO much when I was 15/16 that I would go for it any chance I got (more stories coming!) but I felt really motivated to go out and experience it again...and I'm so happy that I did!

The weather here is drab and awful. Typical UK! It's been a mix of rain & snow for the past several days, not really letting up in the way of any sunshine, which is perfect for mudding, but pretty depressing overall. About an hour and a half ago I got ready to head out, wearing a light grey hoodie, dark grey fleecy tracksuit bottoms, black boxer briefs, white Puma crew socks and my (well, were my) black & white Nike trainers.

I actually returned to the fields from my previous story, as they are rarely occupied aside from the occasional dog walker and to start off with I was very anxious about what I was gonna do (I actually spent a solid five or so minutes just kinda staring at the whole field in front of me!) - the weather meant that the whole area was sodden. The grass was completely drenched and in the few areas that weren't taken over by mud, there was the last remanence of snowfall.

I spent a few seconds just looking around on the off chance somebody was gonna see me (nerves!) and I began to walk across the grass. This field isn't really well looked after (I'm pretty sure the council kinda forgot it exists at all) so the grass is all at uneven lengths. As I was walking I could hear the squelch under my soles and I immediately began to feel more comfortable. The little splashes of dirt from my shoes as I walked just eased me in even more as I was focused on my feet for the first almost full lap of the area.

As I continued on and settled in, I passed the ditch (which is MUCH easier now I'm taller and definitely more agile than I was at school) and while on the second portion of the field, set myself some challenges.

1.) Do NOT slip over...even though you will absolutely fall at least once

2.) Scale and run down the hill (there is a small hill leading down to the exit of the fields where I would need to go regardless of what I decided to do)

3.) See how far you can slide!

I pretty much did these things in order as I made my way back around to area #1 - I had avoided the REALLY mucky areas just because I wanted to experience that on my way back and not blow my load, for the lack of a better term, right away.

I jumped back over the ditch and began to climb the hill. I'm 6'2" so the actual climbing maybe took six steps in total? No issue at all! As I took the steps my trackies rode up a little, showing my socks to still be pristine as up to this point, the mud had really only splashed droplets onto my Nikes.

Now to decline! I began taking very small steps down, shuffling in the creamy mud that began to engulf the fronts of my shoes (of course I picked the worst area, I wanted a challenge!) until I began to slide. Sending my weight forward, I started to slip as I "tried" regaining my balance (acting as if this scenario isn't pretty much a dream of mine) as I made larger steps, the mud began to splash up the legs of my trackies and onto my socks while I continued to make a very feeble effort into not falling.

Eventually I failed, sliding knees first down the remainder of the hill, coating my trackie shins and the fronts of my shoes and socks in a layer of creamy dark mud. I stood up and surveyed the damage, and I honestly couldn't describe how happy I felt. It reminded me of some of my favourite messy memories and I honestly wish I could go back and relive them all over again!

Already pretty messy and completely failing goal #1, I decided to try sliding. As much as I would've loved to slide with my whole body, wallowing in the mess and coating my clothes in an unwashable amount of dirt, I decided to try sliding on my feet with the hopes that I'd "accidentally" fall down again...

...and I did! - after a couple of very fun runs (splashing mud further up my legs and onto my hoodie) I went for try #4 and completely hit the deck. I resuced my hoodie using my hands to break some of the fall, but my shoes dug deep into the creamy sludge and rendered all the way to the hems of my white socks a sticky brown colour. My shoes actually got a little stuck where they were in the mud, as I waited a minute or so to get back up because of how much I enjoyed being downed in the mud. So I made the decision to pull and if they happened to stay put, then I guess that's where they'd stay!

Standing back on my feet, pretty unbalanced because of how my shoes were planted in the ground, I pulled away at my foot and it popped out of the shoe. Now, I couldn't just have the one shoe, and since that one decided to stay in the muck, my other had to go as well! I removed my other shoe and stood with my white socked feet sinking very slowly into the mud below. My trackies had stuck to my legs at this point - showing most of my sock and revealing the different shades of ugly brown contrasting to the remaining white threads on what were once a clean, usable pair of socks.

At this point it began to get pretty dark, so I decided to head home in my current state - completely shoeless! Wandering back over to the actual path at the exit of the fields, I knew that this walk home was gonna be like no other - previously I'd either been hidden in crowds of school children or had the chance to clean up wherever I was before walking back. This time I was soaked, muddy, shoeless and alone.

As I walked, I didn't actually see many people but felt as though all eyes in the houses surrounding were on me - a complete mess walking in destroyed trackies, a muddy hoodie and ruined socks. I just looked forward as I walked, continuing on and listening intently to the squelch of my feet as I took my steps, until a car horn honked and I looked up, seeing a flash drive past me loudly laughing as they looked over at me! I'm perfectly fine being humiliated, so this honestly felt great! Unfortunately I didn't have any other interactions on my way home - and I'm now sat excitedly typing this up, still in my mucky outfit! It was a fantastic experience and one I can't wait to repeat very soon!

And hey, maybe I'll go back tomorrow and rescue my shoes if they are still there!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]